The Application Engineer will be involved in the verification testing of new systems, the design and prototyping of demonstration boards and reference designs, development of application notes and tools, direct customer support, and the development of an online expert system for enabling customers to architect, simulate, and configure power systems.
- Working independently and with other members of the VPC Applications Engineering team on the various projects involving Vicor power components.
- Brainstorming, specifying, and verifying online application tools and functions in support of Vicor’s PowerBench suite of online tools.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, testing, and optimizing support circuitry and systems using Vicor products.
- Evaluating new products in support of datasheet development.
- Assisting in the development of reference designs and evaluation printed circuit boards.
- Working as part of a team in defining new products in support of new applications.
- System level verification of new products as part of New Product Introduction (NPI) programs.
- Troubleshooting and optimizing customer systems which use Vicor power components.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, MSEE a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience designing AC-DC, DC-DC power supplies, or designing with AC-DC or DC-DC power components.
- Excellent understanding of analog design and an analytical approach to engineering required.
- Some familiarity with online design tools a strong plus.
- Troubleshooting skills with basic power systems a plus.
- Comfortable with lab equipment used in the characterization and design of power supplies and systems (oscilloscopes, DMMs, Network Analyzers, EMI analyzers, loads, sources, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting at a technical level in front of customers.
- Some understanding of feedback and control systems, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), digital (e.g. PIC microcontroller) design, and simulation tools would be a plus
- Familiarity with CAD and office tools (Altium, Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.) a plus, if not, a willingness to learn and adopt the use of software tools in support of job function.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application