Engineering Technician-Test Engineering
- Provides support to the Test Engineering team by assembling new PCBs used in Automated Test Equipment.
- Works with and supports Engineers to assemble and rework circuits for product and bench testing.
- Also is responsible for ordering parts and parts inventory.
- Candidate must be able to read and follow basic to complex assembly drawings, bill of materials, and other written instructions or procedures.
- Good dexterity working with small surface mount and through hole components, using tweezers and other tools as required.
- Microelectronics surface mount soldering experience required
- An Associate Degree or 3 to 5 years related experience
- Candidate must be able to solder and de-solder, have a good understanding of component types and ratings.
- Person must be familiar with basic lab equipment such as handheld DMM / LCR meter.
- Basic computer skills and familiar with Internet Explorer, Chrome, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Excel.
- Candidate must be able to work with outside vendors to order parts and obtain quotes.
- Must pay high attention to detail, possess self-motivating skills, and have the ability to self-inspect for quality and accuracy.
- Perform repetitive tasks regularly.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application