Java Software Engineer
Vicor Corporation is a leading manufacturer of high tech modular power supply components and systems for a variety of industries. Our world class automated “mass customization” manufacturing facility, located in Andover Mass, is integrated, controlled, and monitored by our in-house custom developed Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) software systems, which integrates our systems to automated manufacturing equipment.
Vicor offers many excellent benefits, a stimulating work environment, and is a high tech entrepreneurial engineering company as much as it is a manufacturing company.
- Apply state-of-the-art software technology to develop Mfg. mission critical applications for a variety of project assignments
- Responsible for design and implementation of software applications
- Work independently in a project team environment with other business analysts, end users, engineers, and managers
- 2 – 4 years' relevant work experience
- BS Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience; MS preferred
- Strong Java development experience, java web technologies, HTML/XML
- Strong Software Engineering skills and project experience, using related tools
- Ability to develop and tune complex database queries, Oracle/SQL, PL/SQL
- Attention to detail, strong problem solving ability
- Excellent written & verbal communications
- Team player, able to learn from and teach others
- Object-oriented design, reusable software architecture/design, software tools
- Ability to find solutions in the Open Source community
Additional Desired Skills:
- Communications/networking applications, event-driven and/or real-time software, distributed applications, or Mfg. applications
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application