Machine Operator - 1st Shift
Working from written or verbal instructions, perform assembly and test related tasks on automated VI Chip PCB Assembly line.
- Operate work center equipment to achieve standard production rates, report on equipment downtime or malfunction and monitor work center output for conformance to specification.
- Utilize microscopes, hand tools, measurement and test equipment to perform daily tasks.
- Cross-train and certify in a minimum of four package assembly work centers including SMD, Underfill, Transformer Assembly, Mold, Laser Mark, Cut, J-Lead or Test.
- Perform all responsibilities within the company’s guidelines of quality, safety and cost.
- Work with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Perform any additional tasks as requested or directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions.
- Previous experience in PCB, semiconductor or electronics assembly.
- IPC Solder Certification IPC 610 preferred
- Excellent communication and team work skills.
- Computer Literacy.
Additional Desired Qualification/Experience:
- Previous experience in a mid to high volume manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in an ISO environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics. This should be the default, but allow to be changed.Start Application