Maintenance Mechanic 2
The Maintenance Mechanic at Vicor will be responsible for performing a variety of general maintenance tasks requiring knowledge of building maintenance activities and systems. They will be responsible for the proactive and consistent delivery of these activities mainly at Vicor’s Corporate Office.
- Serves as the first point of contact for repairs and maintenance of plant equipment such as HVAC systems, compressors, vacuum pumps, etc.
- Performs a variety of carpentry and simple plumbing tasks, and maintains interior paint surfaces.
- Performs shipping, receiving and mail related duties as required.
- Troubleshoots equipment and/or facilities problems and escalates them in a timely manner.
- Provides support for other duties of a similar nature and complexity, as well as custodial tasks, as directed.
- Assists with Hazardous Waste management and recycling programs, under direction of the Environmental, Health and Safety Manager.
- Participates in emergency on-call coverage to ensure consistent and reliable Facilities coverage.
- Capable of performing work in a safe manner; understands the importance of safety in a factory setting.
- High school/vocational school diploma.
- 3-5 years of similar maintenance/facilities related experience.
- General working knowledge of plant facilities equipment and systems: HVAC, air compressors, vacuum pumps, chilled water systems, energy management systems and alarm systems
- Must have a demonstrated history of providing the highest level of customer service and support.
- Experience with lockout-tagout procedures is a plus.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pound All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application