Manager Analytical Laboratory
- Serves as a key contributor to understanding process effects on diverse materials used in high volume electronics manufacturing, via analysis work conducted in the Quality Assurance and Reliability Analytical Lab.
- Works with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers to identify and understand physics of failure and failure mechanisms, while issuing and advising corrective actions and recommendations.
- Establish and maintain a laboratory database and mentor other engineers and technicians on proper use of analytical tools and interpretation of data.
- Writes technical reports and make presentations to peers, Management, customers and suppliers as necessary.
- Manages lab personnel and resources appropriately to accommodate varying priorities and ensure timely results delivery.
- Dispositions all analytical lab work requests and reviews results.
- Works closely with lab personnel to address analysis issues.
- Coordinates and provides lab staff training .
- Ensures lab equipment is fully operational and calibration requirements are fulfilled.
- Enforces lab safety requirements.
- Requires a B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in Materials Science, Metallurgy, or equivalent and a strong background in analytical and sample preparation techniques (SEM/EDXRFS, FTIR, TGA, DSC, microscopy, surface analysis, decapsulation), laboratory safety, and procedures.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in failure analysis of electronic components and devices including solder joint reliability, PWB's, microelectronics, encapsulants, adhesives, and plating systems with a good understanding of metal and solder properties and their behaviors in electronics packaging applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of problem solving tools especially design of experiments, and failure mode and effect analysis a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application