Manager Quality Systems
The successful candidate will manage and support all aspects of Quality and Customer Support activities for high volume highly complex electronic manufacturing related operations. Although a Manager level role, this is an individual contributor position.
Must have a track record of success and a broad understanding of electronic industry requirements and standards as well as the desire to operate as a hands on leader.
The position will drive implementation of Best Practices and ensuring delivery of the highest level of service to our customers. Customer support and representation is also a requirement. Visits to customer locations, both domestic and international, required.
- Working across the organization, be the primary driver in continued compliance of written company policies and procedures consistent with Quality Systems Registration Guidelines for ISO 9001 2015. In depth knowledge and experience with IATF 16949 is highly desired but not mandatory.
- Work with Vicor across the Design and Operations organizations to implement Zero Defect designs and processes and internal structure development.
- Technical knowledge and experience with power conversion technologies including manufacturing processes,
- Collaborate with project managers, the development team, operations and customers on process and product development and release.
- Ensure effective communication and containment of quality concerns identified by internal and external customers.
- Ensure effective root cause analysis and permanent corrective actions are implemented for quality issues.
- Support with root cause analysis, 8D, problem solving, lessons learned while driving consistent improvements.
- Address customer quality system surveys according to ISO 9001 2015 requirements.
- Responsible for LPA (Layered Process Audit) program (i.e. training, scheduling, tracking, and follow-up actions) as well as conduct Layered Process Audits, per required schedule.
- Work with Design and Manufacturing Operations to solve quality problems while maintaining manufacturing efficiencies, meeting competitive business deadlines and increasing customer satisfaction levels.
- B.S. Degree in Electronics /Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years industry experience in Quality Engineering/Quality Management including hands on, operations/plant level experience.
- Electronics industry experience in a high volume manufacturing environment is required.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing all aspects of Quality Management System and Operational Excellence activities.
- Ability to facilitate collaboration and communication with all operational teams as well as support functions worldwide. Seen as a team player who is able to communicate and work successfully across organizations.
- Very strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills - both development and delivery.
- Able to travel - domestic and internationally – Minimal up to 10%
- Lean and Six Sigma experience a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application