Working under minimal supervision, performs planning, procurement and other duties. Work may include, but is not limited to the following tasks;
- Create purchase orders for new builds as needed by determining inventory levels and issues work orders (PIDS) to maintain production.
- Work with Operations Management and MRP system to determine material requirements.
- Reviews shipment schedules & monitors the movement of assemblies through the production cycle for our contract manufacturers.
- Communicates with department engineers to determine progress of work (in-house probing of wafers to confirm when ready to ship, testing, baking & inspection of parts in-house) and completion dates.
- Move inventory in ERP system accordingly for outgoing shipments.
- Review weekly back log report against physical inventory for SiPs and filters.
- Work with sales people to process special shipments as needed. Interacts effectively with sales and engineering.
- Assist with kit preparation for evaluation board builds. Provides the BOM and shipper prepares the kit.
- Process IAS requests through Doc Services to add part numbers, make changes to vendors and pricing, and/or add new routings or BOMs.
- May be assigned various projects such as locating all items with a certain lot number, date code or container ID’s, isolating certain materials to MRB, reconciling inventory issues and discrepancies.
- Create and utilize various reports, queries and data to identify and resolve any material issues. Perform additional tasks/duties as required.
- Communicates with contract manufacturer for drop shipments providing critical details such as part number, customer PO#, VCR # order quantity and ship date. Receives packing slip from CM and works with shipper to processes the shipment in the PeopleSoft system to generate invoice & packing slip that gets communicated to Customer Service.
- Participates in weekly meetings for new product material planning.
- Provide support to the shipping department as needed.
- Participate in physical inventory reconciliation process 1X per year. Assist in maintaining finished goods & storage area.
- Assist with kit preparation for evaluation board builds as needed
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience working in a similar planning or materials role.
- Familiarity with a variety of different transactions on ERP systems. This would include purchase receipts, inventory transactions and invoicing.
- Familiar with ISO requirements as applied to specified duties.
- Strong computer skills with Outlook, Word and Excel are required
- Ability to prepare routine paperwork with high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization and with all departments.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks and work successfully in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of shipping methods and procedures, including Federal Express, UPS and AES filings.
- Ability to lift or move up to 35 lbs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application