Power Supply Design Engineer
Power Supply Design Engineer
Our company is a small electronics company located in Cedar Park, TX. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of a large publicly traded corporation. As such, we offer a competitive salary and an exciting and supportive work environment, along with great benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, vacation, holidays and a 401(k) plan.
We specialize in the design, development and manufacture of rapid response custom power systems for the Telecommunications, Industrial, and Military COTS markets. We use standard component power products in a modular building-block design approach that offers low cost, quick turnaround, and reliable performance.
- Under minimum supervision, design custom power supplies from customer design specifications.
- Manage all aspects of the product life cycle from concept, schedule, design, manufacturing support, test, finished product, and customer support.
- Provide manufacturing and qualification test support and assist in customer integration.
- Participate in and present at design reviews, both internal and at customer’s site as required.
- Monitor and communicate project status with Senior Management.
- Develop and implement action plans to ensure on time delivery.
Must have the following:
- BSEE or equivalent and minimum of 5 years relevant design experience
- Experience in design and analysis of brick based power supplies, inductors, EMI filters, and analog circuits
- PCB design and schematic capture experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Experience in the use of Circuit Simulation Tools
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Must be compliant to ITAR regulations
Prefer to have the following:
- Knowledgeable in electronics packaging and thermal management
- PCAD and/or Altium schematic and PCB design tools experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application