A Third Party Partner has been working with multiple technical groups within Vicor to develop, implement, and qualify state of the art volume packaging processes for SM-ChiPs and CM-ChiPs. As these product lines continue their advancement, there are development and scale-up projects between the two partners that require daily oversight, observation, participation, and involvement.
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator with some knowledge of printed circuit fabrication and materials. The ability to work with two technical teams, sorting out the technical and schedule challenges, while contributing to the successful conclusion of process development and release to production.
Monitoring, contributing, and communicating the progress of prototyping activities as they relate to the overall development process will be key areas of interest and ownership.
- Develops cost effective electronics packaging improvements to existing methods and leads efforts in solutions for new products.
- Will be working with equipment such as mechanical and laser drilling systems, direct imaging, printed circuit wet process equipment (horizontal and vertical), coating (screen print and inkjet), and lamination systems (supporting resist coating and multi-layer product packages)
- Writes technical reports and prepares presentations for peer review covering process development activities and next generation processing methods to supporting technologies that our customers use in application such as cloud servers, autonomous vehicles, automotive, military and industrial equipment.
- Hands on responsibility for equipment including programming and the SPC needed to ensure the highest yields, throughput, and lowest cost.
- Implement Six Sigma tools such as PFMEAs to implement meaningful process controls
- Supports the organizational goal of Automotive Readiness in preparation for IATF 16949 Certification.
- Monitor line yield, scrap and equipment utilization on a daily basis
- Work independently as well as lead cross-functional development teams. Uses the DMAIC process
- Review all new product designs for compatibility with process capability. Make appropriate recommendations on new designs.
- Identify and lead cost reduction and quality improvement initiatives
- Initiate and approve manufacturing documentation and ECO’s
- Investigate problems, determine root cause, and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Expected to be hands on with equipment, including occasional maintenance and troubleshooting
- Will require 10 to 15% travel to Vicor facilities in Andover, MA
- Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Materials Engineering
- 3-5 years electronics assembly, pcb manufacturing, or similar experience. PCB fabrication or plating experience preferred but can be taught. (Post graduate research experience in an academic setting will count towards industry experience).
- PCB and/or Mechanical CAD experience.
- Experience with the Automotive Requirements such as IATF 16949 Certification, PPAP, BIQ, FTQ considered a plus.
- Familiarity with advanced packaging and processing strategies for system in a package devices (SIP) incorporating high layer count laminate (PCB) and ceramic substrates, ferrites, flip chips, BGA’s, lead-free soldering, MSL, transfer molding and encapsulation, high current interconnects a plus but can be taught.
- Sound fundamentals and understanding of materials engineering and associated properties of materials.
- Good hands on engineering skills and ability to work on production equipment
- Solid skills in problem solving and implementation of Six Sigma
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve moderately complex technical problems
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application