Senior Mechanical Designer
Position will report into the Test Engineering Team and will be responsible for designing unique test sockets and fixtures to support a fast growing, cutting edge technology, new Power Converter product designs. With goals of introducing new products into production, come challenges of supplying robust socketing solutions for High Power Converters. As new products become mainstream, we look to automate test capabilities again with design challenges for high volume production.
- Using Solidworks, design test sockets for new product designs to meet mechanical and electrical properties.
- Produce all the necessary documentation to produce these socket designs for prototypes
- Work with the Test Engineering team to evaluate new socket performance
- Introduces designs into production and monitors their performance and reliability
- Work towards automating designs into Handling or Robot style equipment for high volume production
- Work with Engineers and Technicians to improve socket/fixture performance
- Review new product designs for compatibility with process capability to support and influence successful New Product Development
- Investigate problems, determine root cause, and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Work with machine shops, suppliers, equipment manufacturers, tooling and raw materials to produce sockets/fixtures
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional design engineering experience
- SolidWorks experience required
- Ability to understand and work with mechanical engineering drawings and 3-D models and infer critical dimensions applicable to designs
- Demonstrated skills in creative problem solving
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Solid writing and organizational skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application