Sr. Mechanical Engineer - TX
Sr. Mechanical Engineer - TX
Our company is a small electronics company located in Cedar Park, TX. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of a large publicly traded corporation. As such, we offer a competitive salary and an exciting and supportive work environment, along with great benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, vacation, holidays and a 401(k) plan.
We specialize in the design, development and manufacture of rapid response custom power systems for the Telecommunications, Industrial, and Military COTS markets. We use standard component power products in a modular building-block design approach that offers low cost, quick turnaround, and reliable performance.
- Selected candidate will conduct and participate in research, design, development, testing, and product support of electronic packaging of power supplies.
- Primary focus is on mechanical and thermal aspects of product design, but will also support manufacturing in resolution of problems.
- Coordinates and communicates with other engineers and groups affected by design development including material selection, vendor and customer interfacing, procurement, and assembly of prototypes.
- Creates solid models and drawings for assemblies and detailed parts. Develops documentation packages including details, bill of materials, and the creation of and or processing of engineering change orders.
- Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, and conformity to standards, procedures, specifications and accuracy of calculations and dimensions
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related mechanical design experience.
- Possesses a strong work ethic, positive attitude, strong attention to detail and excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Skilled in oral and written communication of results from design, analysis, simulation, and test. Able to utilize graphical and visual aids effectively, including PowerPoint, EXCEL, and MSWord.
- Experienced using SolidWorks CAD software for product design, including the design of sheet metal and machined parts.
- Possesses knowledge of standard fabrication techniques and materials such that part designs are manufacturable – Design for Manufacturability/DFM.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Has good analysis skills and experience in utilizing SolidWorks Flow Simulation for thermal analysis and SolidWorks Simulation for structural analysis.
- Has experience in design of hardware that conforms to ANSI/VITA 48.X standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application