Supervisor Manufacturing Engineering
Newly created position will lead a highly motivated Manufacturing Engineering team focused on producing industry leading advanced power component solutions used in commercial, server, AI, automotive and other specialty products. Team is responsible for providing and optimizing assembly processes for many of our advanced products as well as sustaining and improving processes for many of our well-established legacy power products.
- Support execution of the manufacturing plan and lead its technical implementation where appropriate. Make recommendations to enhance effectiveness of productivity, quality and safety.
- Transition key issues such as quality, cycle time, cost reduction, continuous improvement and process improvement into functional ME objectives.
- Develop and retain a professional ME team which can support the business processes and objectives.
- Acts as an advisor to subordinate staff members on complex technical issues. Position is a working engineer/supervisor role that will guide front line process developments and process improvements.
- Develop and lead capable team that can provide guidance to Design Engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Defines and directs projects to identify and implement continuous yield and process improvements leading to cost effective, high quality, high yield, and world class manufacturing capabilities.
- Maximizes efficiency, productivity and quality by analyzing process controls and capabilities, layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
- Relies on data collection and analysis, experience, and judgment to plan and initiate change, and accomplish goals.
- Provide technical support that addresses process concerns in product developments.
- Lead team to research and develop new methodologies, propose new research concepts, carry out the research and document the results.
- Actively participate in cost reduction programs by proposing new cost reduction ideas.
- Analyze existing process control systems, determine their effectiveness, and drive to improve systems, leading to measurable reduction in scrap and variable cost (labor, materials).
- Lead ME team to analyze and isolate root causes of process issues and develop and implement permanent solutions. Implement new technology and equipment for process control and cost reduction.
- Develops cost effective electronics packaging improvements to existing methods and leads efforts in solutions for new products.
- Oversee and guide team to implement and manage real time SPC and utilize Six Sigma tools such as PFMEAs to implement meaningful process controls
- Supports the organizational goal of Automotive Readiness in preparation for IATF 16949 Certification.
- Previous eperience managing technical resources in a highly automated environment.
- Proven success working with design engineering and introducing new products into production
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and/or significant SPC experience
- Knowledge of lean Manufacturing
- Prior hands on experience with high speed equipment such as SMT assembly and automated electronics assembly including programming and implementing SPC for these processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Plastics, or Manufacturing Engineering. Master’s degree and/or MBA is a plus.
- 5-8 years’ Manufacturing or Process Engineering experience with an electronics manufacturer. Preferred 1-2 years’ experience in a supervisor or managerial role.
- Solid experience implementing sound manufacturing principles such as SPC, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, etc.
- Solid skills in problem solving, statistics, manufacturing quality, and quality principles
- Ability to understand and analyze complex technical problems
- Experience with processes for high volume manufacturing operations
- Knowledgeable in DFM and scale-up of product from NPI stage thru full volume production
- Ability to work in a fast paced, start-up environment
- Thorough knowledge of related materials and manufacturing processes.
- Experience with the Automotive Requirements such as IATF 16949 Certification, PPAP, BIQ, FTQ considered a plus.
- Familiarity with advanced packaging and processing strategies for system in a package devices (SIP) incorporating high layer count laminate (PCB) and ceramic substrates, ferrites, flip chips, BGA’s, lead-free soldering, MSL, transfer molding and encapsulation, high current interconnects a plus.
- Good hands on engineering skills and experience working on production equipment
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application