Sr. Program Manager - Automotive
The role requires a highly motivated customer oriented, program manager with in-depth automotive experience working with Automotive OEM’s and tier-one suppliers to the automotive market. Strong communication and team-building skills are required to collaborate with internal departments to execute on customer commitments and product development. The applicant must exhibit strong leadership capabilities for internal developments to execute on: product roadmaps, new product introductions aligned with target customers, automotive product definition, coordinating product development schedules internally with field and customers, focus on target customers with automotive sales team for new automotive programs and design-wins. Establishing product definition, validation and driving new customer designs are essential for new business within the automotive segment.
- Support the development of an automotive product roadmap strategy, set a course of action and activities to support it, drive the new product development process internally and product qualification for automotive applications and key customer engagements.
- Work directly with sales team and field applications to help increase the opportunity funnel, support design wins and create a new revenue stream for Vicor in Automotive.
- Support the automotive sales and business development team to identify trends and support new product definitions
- Work with Vicor’s automotive management team to create collateral, sales tools and required deliverables needed for program/platform success, support the company wide efforts to becoming a respected automotive supplier and IATF16949 certification
- Directly support customer program requirements from discovery to PPAP and ultimately (SOP) production
- Provide documentation to capture insights and key takeaways from internal and external meetings tracking program progress and essential deliverables to close
- Manage the activities of a cross functional team(s) to ensure all customer deliverables are met
- Maintain good customer relationship to avoid escalations.
- Coordinate cross-functionality to ensure customer requirements are well understood by engineering and operations. Present all aspects of project status to internal and external stakeholders
- Support marketing efforts and field sales when required
- BSEE or equivalent required, MBA desirable
- 10+ years Industry experience, automotive market and customer experience required.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor automotive market segment, key customers and their applications are essential for success, background in power electronics
- Semiconductor technical marketing experience, technical knowledge and skills with power conversion products and technologies, experience working with ISO26262 functional safety, AECQ100, TS-16949 certification and PPAP level products for automotive customers
- Specific product expertise required within the areas of powertrain, chassis systems, AI clusters and powertrain architectures for mild hybrid, EV and HEV vehicles.
- Technical leadership: capable of combining industry trends and customer requirements with available and future technologies to define new products for electrification within powertrain, pumps, actuators, motors and compressors, chassis systems, 12/48V architectures, Radar, LIDAR, electronic steering, instrument cluster, UCU’s and in cabin electronics.
- Capable of working in a high pressure environment with aggressive customer requirements and schedules
- Essential team skills: Will need to be a team player but also can contribute individually to get things done fast and while using limited resources; strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with customers, sales force, peers and management, resourceful candidate with creative problem solving skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics. This should be the default, but allow to be changed.Start Application