Electrical Supplier Quality Engineer
The Electrical Supplier Quality Engineering (SQE) will ensure that suppliers deliver quality parts, components, and materials. They will participate in selecting and qualifying suppliers according to Vicor company standards, and will monitor components from acquisition through the manufacturing cycle. They will communicate and resolve supplier-related problems as they occur. They will evaluate suppliers' internal functions to assess their overall performance and will provide feedback in assessment of their operation. Some domestic and international travel will be required by this position.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is the key supplier quality function for Vicor. This person will be assist in:
- Supplier Selection
- Supplier Qualification
- Supplier Development and Maintenance
- Supplier Risk Mitigation Strategies
- Resolution of supplier manufacturing/process/quality issues and associated corrective actions
- Supplier Surveillance and Audits
- Supplier Quality Management System
- Assist in the selection of new suppliers and support buyers to obtain the best value components in relation to quality, delivery and cost
- Develop and implement Part Quality Planning for new and existing purchased parts, as part of the New Product Introduction process
- Define quality and technical expectations to suppliers
- Drive continuous improvement activities at suppliers using Value Analysis/Kaizen activities, PFMEA, Control Plans, and 8Ds
- Investigate supplier-based manufacturing/process/quality issues with various supplier provided materials on the production floor and in MRB
- Issuing formal corrective action requests to suppliers and work with them to resolve problems
- Create inspection criteria and defect analysis for Receiving Inspection
- Conduct supplier audits on-site and hold review meetings
- Serve as the technical liaison between Vicor and its suppliers
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Masters preferred
- Three or more years of experience in a high tech, high volume, surface mount technology manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to drive for results
- Experience working with printed circuit board manufacturing and related processes including mechanical types of commodities. Experience with SMT assembly and common related components such as IC’s, diodes, resistors, capacitors, magnetics, MOSFET, hybrid assemblies and various mechanical components is beneficial but not a requirement
- Demonstrated ability to drive process change within manufacturing and engineering environment, strong analytical and statistical skills
- Knowledge of Lean, and Six Sigma methodology, American Society of Quality Certification is a plus
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Ability to travel up to 25%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application