Associate Firmware Engineer
- Develop high quality firmware in C for new and existing designs.
- Hands-on hardware, system debugging and code enhancement and optimization.
- Ensure the use of formal development methods, implementation of continuous improvements and application of best practices in developing scalable and modular code.
- Analyze requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates, and work with the team to meet and improve schedules.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- 1 - 3 years' related experience.
- Proficient in C and Assembly Language development for the ARM cortex family or a similar architecture.
- Experience with using an RTOS.
- Experience with C++, Python, Verilog is a plus.
- Experience with embedded system interfaces and protocols (I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, etc.)
- Experience with USB is a plus
- Experience with Bluetooth, BLE or other wireless protocols
- Ability to execute and deliver against tight schedules
- Self-motivated with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Organized, thorough, and detail-oriented, a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application