Sr. Infrastructure Security Engineer
The Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer reports directly to the Director of IT Infrastructure with a dotted line to the Network and Windows teams in a matrix organization. The engineer has responsibility for the integration and development of processes, tools, technologies, relating to security service offerings. This individual will leverage leading-edge technologies, and innovative approaches to position Vicor for measurable success; improving efficiency, increasing security posture, supporting aggressive growth and improving the Security Operations program overall. Requires skills to be a subject matter expert in Enterprise Vulnerability Management, OT/IoT security, log management, and Cyber Security Risk Management and Mitigation.
- Implement both Windows and Network devices with an eye toward secure best practices.
- Contribute to deploy and maintain systems, which include servers networking and desktop related security images and standards.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and secure/reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance/security and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Define and provide direction to our managed security service providers consistent with best practices.
- Create and maintain documentation related to network and server configurations, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Implement and maintain security policies, procedures, and associated plans for network administration and usage.
- Conduct research on security products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the industry and provide solution recommendations as needed to meet business or application needs.
- Practice asset management, including maintenance of device component inventory and related documentation.
- Monitor/test security performance and provide related metric reports.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Coordinate the establishment of processes, procedures and documentation to insure 7 x 24 availability of local/wide area networks and servers.
- Working outside of normal hours is expected along with providing on-call support coverage.
- Define security policies and translate them into specific technical guidance for IT and business teams.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Administer security-focused information systems, such as identity management, data loss prevention, SIEM, and eDiscovery/forensics.
- Perform (or coordinate) vulnerability and penetration testing and manage remediation of systems in response to findings.
- Collaborate with other infrastructure engineering personnel to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5 - 7 years of direct experience with networking and Windows with over 2 years as a Cybersecurity Professional
- Network, Windows or Cyber Security certifications are highly desirable and are a plus
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, VLANS and routing protocols along with troubleshooting techniques with network management software.
- Demonstrated experience with successful provisioning of network and windows design implementation as well as experience with network capacity planning, network & windows security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with managing third party vendors and managed service providers consistent with industry best practices.
- Solid understanding of IT security principles including identity, access management, compliance, cloud security, encryption and SIEM
- Strong knowledge of network equipment, including Cisco routers and switches, Firewalls, Site-to-Site VPN, and TLS remote access required. Specific experience and strong technical knowledge working with Cisco routers, Switches, and Security appliances
- Experience with Linux and Windows controls including patch management, security hardening, AV, and other endpoint security solutions with security tools/technologies such as single sign on, audit management, TDR, Spam, and DLP software tools etc.
- Competence with security testing tools and procedures for network and server environments
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail & customer focus
- Knowledge of secure voice and wireless communication is a plus
- Able to conduct research into Server, networking and security issues as required with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities along with effectively prioritizing tasks in a high-pressure environment with strong customer service orientation and experience in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application