Director of Manufacturing
Director of Manufacturing
Vicor Corporation is a leading manufacturer of high tech modular power supply components and systems for a variety of industries. Our world class high volume automated “mass customization” manufacturing facility is located in Andover, MA.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Manufacturing. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations, the Director of Manufacturing is responsible for leading the factory production organization. You will work closely with numerous other departments including Materials & Production Planning, Quality, Factory Engineering, Design Engineering, Accounting, and Customer Service.
- Ensures that production levels, output, cycle time, WIP, cost, and quality meet the requirements necessary to achieve the On Time Delivery, Revenue and overall shipment goals. Works closely with Materials & Production Planning and Customer service on this responsibility
- Ensures that Engineering and New Product production jobs are completed in timely and accurate method in order to support the critical development of new products
- Works closely with Factory Engineering to ensure sufficient machine capacity
- Establishes a thoroughly trained and highly flexible workforce sufficient to achieve and exceed all production, cost, delivery, quality, and cycle time goals
- Lead implementation of modern factory efficiency, statistical, and organizational techniques such as LEAN manufacturing, cellular manufacturing, 5S, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping.
- Continuously improve manufacturing processes through use of manufacturing principles and productivity measurements with evaluating, re-organizing, implementation new process techniques, equipment, and organizational structure.
- Maintain a safe, clean, ESD compliant and organized manufacturing environment, while ensuring compliance with all safety requirements including OSHA, etc. Work closely with Facilities and Safety organization to ensure compliance.
- BS in Engineering or technical discipline, MBA Preferred
- 10 years of experience in high-volume, high-tech electronics manufacturing
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with PCBs, SMT assembly, Electronic Test, Automated Robotic Equipment, ovens, dispense equipment, tooling and molding
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in TQM, Six Sigma, statistics, LEAN,
- Thorough knowledge of Production Planning, Materials Management, Inventory Management, MRP/ERP, Manufacturing Cost Accounting, Bills of Materials, Routings, Shop Floor Control.
- Demonstrated Team Building, Team Leading, Problem Solving,
- Demonstrated ability to align cross functional organizations to meet organizational objectives.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application