Director of Automotive Strategic Marketing
Director of Automotive Strategic Marketing
The Automotive Strategic Marketing Director requires a highly motivated, team oriented, business leader with in-depth automotive experience working with Automotive OEM and tier-one customers in the automotive market. Strong communication and team-building skills required with internal and external stakeholders. This role is focused on solving the challenges and complexities with xEV 800V, 400V and 48V architectures and on board chargers. In this position you will be responsible for working with Vicor’s automotive team and OEMs and tier one partners for design and development of fully validated DC/DC converters and using Vicor’s high efficiency proprietary modular technology to reduce overall weight and size for higher performing vehicles. Solid understanding of DC/DC converters, inverters, integrated using Vicor’s automotive power modules. Responsible for the pricing strategy and a selling on value approach to quoting, pricing negotiations and proposals.
- Use technical knowledge and experience to support customer proposals, collaboration projects, RFI’s and RFQs relative to new opportunities for DC-DC converters, battery management systems, charging and powering auxiliary systems.
- Communication to the automotive industry with articles, publications, product announcements and podcasts
- Defining new markets and applications for Vicor automotive
- Automotive product strategy, guide product definition & development working closely with design engineering and product development team to support customer requirements and product development for key projects and programs
- Assistance, guidance and strategy to close OEM wins
- Provide electrical engineering support for the product development team, adding functional safety characteristics and requirements to existing topologies
- Interpret customer and field feedback to define requirements for vehicle power electronics and systems design
- Form a small engineering team over time (mechanical & electrical) to support tier one and OEM development teams
- Automotive OEM industry experience, BSEE or equivalent experience required, 10 yrs experience in the Automotive segment
- Knowledge or past selling experience with DC/DC converters would be ideal in this position, aimed at target applications: powertrain and chassis systems, AI platforms for level 3/4/5 vehicles, inverters, battery charging and power electronics used in systems for EV, HEV, BEV, PHEV, Mild Hybrid vehicle platforms
- Semiconductor technical experience, familiarity with functional safety ISO 26262 standards, AECQ100, TS-16949 certification and the PPAP, SOP and safe launch process for automotive customers.
- Good presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, proposals and when submitting reports
- Technical leadership: capable of combining industry trends and customer requirements with available and future technologies to define and develop new products, new markets and applications within powertrain for 800V, 400V, 48V and 12V vehicle power delivery networks.
- Positive attitude required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application