Director Supply Chain
Provide leadership and management oversight to staff engaged in supply chain procurement processes inclusive of direct raw material purchasing, sub-assemblies, PCB’s etc. Inventory management ensuring continuous product supply in support of global requirements. This highly visible position is accountable to collaborate cross functionally with both internal and external groups to optimize product availability. Responsible for supply base management of direct material suppliers. Responsible for E & O programs. Accountable for overall supply chain effectiveness relative to safety, quality, service, cost and team engagement. Responsibilities also include heavy engagement with the engineering team for new product development, new supplier development and product cost containment.
- Proactively lead and manage a Supply Chain Planning team ensuring product availability and delivering world-class service levels in accordance with all internal policies and requirements, as well as any external regulatory regulations. Support the development of comprehensive supply chain strategies.
- Lead end-to-end supply chain business processes, which include Demand Planning, Direct Material Procurement, Expediting, Supply Planning and Inventory Management. This individual will also plan and manage supply chain budgets inclusive of variance management delivering YoY cost improvement through productivity gains, material cost savings and process improvement.
- Manage day-to-day activity with direct material suppliers. Build and maintains relationships with suppliers to ensure on time delivery, while maintaining standards for quality at an optimal cost. Identify potential supply partners; facilitate the qualifying process and support supplier selection, development and management systems. Plan and integrate the implementation of alternate sources as defined in strategic plans.
- Lead cross-functional teams in continuous improvement programs. Accountable to build out scalable, lean processes and systems throughout supply chain planning processes.
- Attracts, retains and fosters individual development of key personnel for continued success in current and future assignments by providing resources and opportunity for appropriate training, mentoring or other experiences.
- Maintain current knowledge of, and ensure all work activities are conducted in compliance with the full range of related internal and external systems, technologies, regulatory requirements and related policies and procedures. Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- BA/BS degree with minimum of 10 years’ experience in supply chain management.
- Must be proficient with ERP/MRP.
- Strong partnering and interpersonal relationship skills to facilitate and drive internal and external cross-functional performance and alignment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to present across diverse audiences.
- Proven team leader in a fast paced OEM environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application