- Duties include operational tasks related to maintenance of Vicor Infrastructure ’which consists of Windows based systems along with Telecommunications and Network components in a highly available fast paced environment.
- Create and maintain documentation related to system configuration, application diagrams, processes, and service records.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades as it relates to the System Helpdesk environments.
- Coordinate the establishment of processes, run manuals, standard desktop procedures and documentation to insure 7x24 system availability.
- Work outside of normal hours should be expected in addition to a rotating on-call responsibility.
- Manage the daily operations of the desktop environments including MAC (move, add & changes) 25 Frontage and 400 Federal locations.
- Responsible for technical escalations related to both Windows and Network support.
- Establish and maintain metrics (e.g. PC provisioning, Software installs and assigned Daily Checklists) to evaluate the effectiveness of responsibilities.
- This position will report directly to the Help Desk manager and will be a key resource for Windows desktop performance, HP printers and escalate abnormalities to subject matter experts for timely resolutions.
- Collaborate with other infrastructure engineering personnel to assess near- and long-term Infrastructure capacity needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, or equivalent experience of a minimum of 5 years in a fast paced Windows and Networking role. (Preferably a generalist with experience in Windows & Network adds moves and change work (MAC)
- Some of the technologies this position will be working with inlcude; Windows Server 2012, Cisco Networking products. VMWare, and Red Hat Linux
- Must have demonstrated ability to implement packages that automate or improve the efficiency of computer operation functions.
- Must have experience with image building best package deployment tools, working with Dell imaging is a plus
- Good knowledge of computer hardware, maintenance practices and the associated considerations for systems
- Results oriented. Familiar with best practices for measurement and delivery of data center services.
- Excellent written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills along with being highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail & customer focus
- Proactive and change-oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is a necessity.
- Experience with Operations monitoring tools (e.g. Insight, HP Jet Admin etc).
- Experience with Data Protector backup system or equivalent backup product.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Job Scheduling
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment with strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative Environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application