Manufacturing Line Technician- 1st Shift
Manufacturing Line Technician- 1st Shift
- Perform scheduled maintenance and unscheduled repairs on V•I Chip production equipment in order to meet production schedules and ensure optimum operation of machinery.
- Provide continuous technical support to production operators.
- Responsible for maintaining and purchasing spare parts, and supplies inventories; determining inventory levels, anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; verifies receipt of such.
- Prepares maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Works to improve; debug and optimize setups & change over. Will work to ensure that the area of responsibility fully utilizes equipment capacity.
- Develops and works to improve upon the equipment maintenance documentation.
- Provides support to the manufacturing and test engineering groups. May be asked to conduct tests and studies to support department efforts to qualify new equipment/processes and verify functionality of existing equipment/processes.
- Train and evaluate operators on process and equipment knowledge.
- Associates degree in electro-mechanical / electronic engineering or equivalent required.
- Self-motivated, hands on technician who can work well within a team environment.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience directly supporting production line equipment and systems such as: SMT pick and place system, AOI equipment, reflow ovens, automated glue dispense equipment, waterjetting, laser maker, PCB saw system and molding machines.
- Knowledge of the following equipment is a plus: Universal equipment (Genesis platform), Disco saw, Fico molding system, BTU reflow oven, Asymtek (Axion platform), Delta handler, Rofin laser, Stalhi lapping system, Siemens, etc.
- Must have proven success in identifying, troubleshooting and performing repairs of equipment with problems of a mechanical or electrical nature.
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing processes and principles
- Ability to train and mentor manufacturing personnel, and other engineering aide/maintenance technicians.
- Experience developing work instructions
- Must have strong mechanical system understanding aptitude and a working knowledge of pneumatics elements.
- Demonstrated electrical trouble shooting skills and ability to read electrical schematics.
- Experienced in programming and debugging automated equipment.
- Working knowledge of PLC's, servos, and industrial electronics a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment with changing priorities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application