Senior Director Procurement Management
Senior Director Procurement Management
This newly created role, Senior Director of Procurement Management reporting into the General Manager of Vicor’s Andover Operations will have the overall responsibility of leading all procurement activities and directing a team of senior managers, commodity managers and buyers to source the right products at the best cost. This individual will lead Vicor’s Strategic Sourcing initiative.
The Senior Director will set objectives and goals using a top down-bottom up approach. Ensure proper alignment of objectives with other teams such as Planning, Logistics, Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and Finance. Create an environment and culture of involvement and empowerment of teams to focus on internal and external customer satisfaction. Develop supporting key metrics to ensure goals and objectives are being met.
- Define and implement strategy, structure, and processes to increase business efficiency and position Vicor’s procurement team to properly scale to our rapidly growing business model.
- Manage inventory and establishes controls to ensure Vicor is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk.
- Manage a material cost avoidance strategy while maintaining high quality levels
- Improve the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the process
- Develop new and manage existing relationships with key suppliers
- Negotiate contracts and preferential support agreements with key suppliers and sub-contractors
- Implement new technologies and stay alert to new trends and developments in component market segments
- Mentor, train and develop new members of the material management team.
- Provide regular performance updates to the senior leadership team.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Engineering
- Masters or MBA (Preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of Leadership Experience specifically in a similar senior level role
- Strong leadership skills and a logical and systematic approach to business processes
- Efficient time management, with the ability to work under pressure, maintain accuracy and keep to deadlines
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as to think strategically and laterally
- Excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams
- Experienced in sourcing electronic components in high volumes
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- The ability to lead and motivate a team
- Understanding of risk management in the context of the current global supply chain environment
- APICS Certified (i.e. CSCP, SCOR-P), ISM (CPSM) & NCMA (CPCM) a plus
- Willing to travel as needed
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application