Sr. Buyer - Mechanical
- Manage purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory and services in a cost effective and timely manner
- Maintain purchase orders in a manner that is in the best interest of Vicor’s business.
- Develop long term agreements with key suppliers that will lead to greater delivery flexibility, reduced product cost and lower inventory balances through the use of methodology like supplier managed MRP, supplier managed inventory and kanbans.
- Monitor long-term material demand. Ensure customer (i.e. plant) requirements are thoroughly satisfied, while supporting corporate inventory initiatives.
- Understand material costs and how they can be used in supplier negotiations.
- Participate in supplier improvement and certification programs.
- Create /optimize value from suppliers.
- Work closely with engineers and department managers in new product development, DFM, and identifying best in class suppliers both domestic and off-shore.
- Works to identify contract manufacturing options for areas where internal resources or internal process capabilities are limite
- Identify alternate sources of supply for single//sole source commodities
- BS/MS in Business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of purchasing experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience within the mechanical purchasing arena including but not limited to Screw Machine, Sheet metal, Stampings, Molded Plastics, Extruded materials and post machine processes.
- Ability to balance both tactical executions with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of mechanical manufacturing processes, components and supply chain management. Ability to read technical drawings and blueprints specific to the manufacturing process.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Professional certification is desirable
- Solid knowledge of computers and software such as Word, Excel, MRP systems, Power Point.
- Proven ability to work as a team player
- Proficiency in troubleshooting supply issues
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application