Sr. CAD/Engineering Systems Administrator
Sr. CAD/Engineering Systems Administrator
- Serve as an administrator and applications specialist for Vicor’s ECAD and MCAD systems
- Perform regular analysis to isolate the source(s) of problems which may result from software, hardware, and/or operator error.
- Diagnose and resolve problems to enhance the dependability and accuracy of Vicor’s ECAD and MCAD systems.
- Interface both internally and with vendor technical channels on bugs, fixes, and other issues and communicate the resolutions to all users.
- Assess, propose, coordinate, and implement solutions to hardware and software issues, system modifications, system enhancements, and system replacements.
- Develop and enhance design concepts, flows, libraries, and tools in order to increase productivity
- Streamline and maintain our CAD, MCAD, CAE, and PLM integrations
- Evaluate, install, configure, and integrate new tools and revisions into the design flow
- Author and maintain user documentation and conduct training as required
- Continuously improve and adapt the design flow to ensure present and future competitiveness
- Work with our IS&T department to define the scope of work for regular back-ups, routine maintenance, installation of updates, recovery from outages, restoring back-ups, and installation of upgrades.
- Back-up responsibilities for the complete set up of new computers for Engineering
- Technical support for moderate complexity computer maintenance issues to support Engineering
- Maintain multiple license managers for several CAD software and packages
- Work and coordinate with Purchasing on software licenses, maintenance, renewals as well as hardware purchases to support Engineering
Critical skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Expertise in SolidWorks CAD packages (Mechanical, Electrical, Simulation, EPDM) administration
- Experience with FlexLM license manager administration
- Some experience with Altium and Simplis/Simetrix administration
- Some experience with Schematic Capture and Simulation tools and concepts
- Some experience with Printed Circuit Board Design tools and concepts
- Some experience with 3D Modeling and 2D Drafting tools and concepts
- Some experience with CAD/CAE systems integration with a PLM System such as MatrixOne
- Working experience in a Unix environment and shell scripting
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, with 3 - 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux/Windows operating systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application