Sr. Cost Analyst
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Cost Analysis and Accounting, the Senior Cost Analyst will play an integral role and be responsible for properly setting standard costs, valuing of inventory, internal reporting and analysis, cost collection and application systems and controls, financial close and audit / SOX internal control processes, with the ability to analyze, interpret, and communicate information effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for the cost collection and application system for Plating Operations costs, including initial process definition and implementation.
- Set Standard Costs of Picor Operations; outside processing, materials, labor, overhead and yield etc.
- Responsible for Picor Inventory valuation and controls including periodic Physical Inventories and/or cycle count programs, both on site and at outside vendors.
- Perform monthly financial close process including WIP valuations, Inventory reconciliations, E&O processes, reserves, variance analysis, production levels, etc.
- Perform Warranty Analysis and ensure reserves are properly set.
- Ensure all SOX control processes are in place and working (cycle counting, WIP audits, transaction integrity reserves, etc.) Remediate any issues discovered. Respond to all audit requests as required.
- Responsible for Internal reporting and analysis of Revenue, Costs, Variances and Gross Margins.
- Establish baseline analysis and modeling tools to facilitate business management and profit improvements.
- Analyze Manufacturing Variances for reasonableness with an eye to reducing variances.
- Use PeopleSoft Query tools for reporting and ad-hoc analyses as required.
- Respond to management decision making needs with Ad Hoc analysis and modeling.
- Assist in forecasting process of costs and capital expansions. Update Actual to Forecast monthly.
- Provide Key support to the new ERP system implementation.
- Continuously look for ways to improve workflow, efficiency and streamline processes and controls
- Assist in other projects and analysis requirements as requested by business management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision.
- 10+ years’ experience, possessing thorough knowledge of process manufacturing and ERP standard cost and transactional systems.
- Up to 10% Regional Travel required
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-starter with high energy and commitment. Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with different levels of personnel, including senior management.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and PeopleSoft or other ERP systems
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application