The Staff Accountant will play an integral part in Vicor’s monthly, quarterly, and annual close and reporting process as part of the General Accounting team.
- Perform the Fixed Asset process for all Vicor locations including: oversee the Capital Expense Requests (CERs) ensuring compliance with controls, monthly reviews with Operations Managers on project status, tracking expenditures against CER amounts, reconciling FAS system to the GL and resolving any issues, and preparing audit and tax based lead schedules for quarterly and annual requirements.
- Support the accounting process for lease standard ASC 842.
- Administer company P-Cards program ensuring proper control procedures are followed as well maintaining accurate coding and processing to the GL.
- Prepare audit schedules and interface with External Auditors in your responsible areas.
- Prepare and file property tax returns for the Picor subsidiary.
- Provide backup support to the Cash Treasury function by uploading checks to bank Positive Pay, depositing locally received checks, and performing cash posting when other staff is out of the office.
- Complete monthly summary transaction report for Form 720 filing.
- Complete daily invoice reconciliation
- Process Accounts Receivable credit card transactions, credit memos and Returned Material Authorizations.
- Assist Accounts Payable with processing of wire payments and processing vouchers.
- Prepare and file annual government Capital Expense Survey.
- Assist with the preparation of Annual Insurance applications and renewals.
- Perform other related duties/projects as assigned including Financial Analysis and Project Management
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting or finance
- 1 to 3 years accounting experience preferably in a manufacturing accounting environment
- Microsoft Excel and Word proficient. Experience with Sage Software for Fixed Assets (“FAS”) preferred
- Proficiency in the use of automated accounting systems (preferably PeopleSoft), databases (PeopleSoft Query and N-Vision reporting, FAS), and MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- SAP experience strongly desired
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Able to set priorities and work independently. A self-starter with good problem solving skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application