Applications Engineer - Automotive
Applications Engineer - Automotive
Vicor Applications Engineering is hiring a highly motivated engineer to lead the development and implementation of Vicor’s upcoming product line of automotive converters. We are seeking an individual with leadership capability, creativity, talent, experience and a drive for success in a collaborative work environment. This is an ideal growth opportunity for someone who has strong analytical and problem solving skills, good educational background in electrical engineering and thrives in a fast paced growth environment.
- Work closely with the automotive sales and business development team to identify trends, drive design wins and support new product definitions.
- Collaborate with the sales team, field applications engineers, and strategic customers to identify new product requirements, create design requirements specifications and target specification documentation.
- Support new product development process for automotive products, including applications system validation testing, data collection, and the development of reference designs, datasheets, application notes, design guides, tools, customer demo boards, and accessories.
- Provide training to Field Application Engineers on new automotive products and applications.
- Support Vicor’s automotive management team to create collateral, sales tools and required deliverables needed for success.
- BSEE required with 5+ years’ experience in power electronics design and/or applications, MSEE is a plus.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor automotive market segment, power electronics design experience, and key application areas (powertrain, infotainment, and safety)
- Experience working with functional safety, AECQ100, TS-16949 certification and PPAP level products for automotive customers.
- Ability to understand power electrical requirements and define new Vicor power products and systems within auto powertrain, pumps, actuators, motors and compressors, chassis systems, 12/48V architectures, Radar, LIDAR, electronic steering, instrument cluster, UCU’s and in cabin electronics.
- Experience in engaging, securing design wins, designing, and troubleshooting with Tier 1 customers.
- Comfortable with lab equipment used in the characterization and design of power supplies and systems (oscilloscopes, DMMs, Network Analyzers, EMI analyzers, loads, sources, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting at a technical level in front of customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with customers, sales force, peers and management.
- Ability to handle high pressure customer engagements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics. This should be the default, but allow to be changed.Start Application