Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Design Engineer
Designs and develops state of the art power converter products using proprietary technology. Design elements include electrical design, component selection, simulation/test, PCB layout, and product functional specification. Responsible for knowing the customer requirements. Works closely with the engineering team from product conception through manufacturing production and testing. Provides configuration control and is involved in the manufacturing and testing processes. Initiates and approves manufacturing documentation and engineering change orders. Investigates problems, determines root cause, and implements corrective and preventative actions. Generates documentation for all products designed. Interfaces with customers and safety compliance agencies.
- BSEE is required
- Minimum 5 years of power electronics design experience in DC/DC converters.
- Ability to design, analyze and test power converters.
- Knowledge of analog and digital control circuits.
- Design experience using Altium Designer CAD software is required.
- Detailed knowledge of power conversion topologies, control and components.
- Specific power conversion design skills include: high frequency magnetics design, power conversion circuit design and analysis, circuit simulation, layout considerations, feedback control theory, EMC compliance, and logic/interface circuit design.
- Ability to resolve complex technical problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and detail oriented, and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent team and individual contributor leadership skills.
- Outstanding organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application