Senior Mechanical Designer
Senior Mechanical Designer
This position requires a person with Mechanical design experience to develop, check, create and maintain all aspects of Vicor’s mechanical design process for legacy and new product designs.
- Submit documentation to Item Approval Systems (IAS), internal PLM and/or PDM application, ECO Drawing and BOM maintenance.
- 100% inspection of each Mechanical model and assembly file prior to releasing to MFG.
- Discusses requirements of job requests with appropriate customers and responsible design engineer; conducts surveys to gather data needed in design preparation; prepares preliminary design documentation for design reviews.
- Prepares final designs and specifications.
- Performs the drafting work required for each project, adheres to established department guidelines, procedures, and standards.
- Refers completed designs to superiors for review, alteration, and approval.
- Performs related high quality work as required.
- Graduation from a standard high school or vocational school supplemented by two years of additional course work in a technical school, college, or university with major course work in drafting and mechanical engineering.
- Three years experience as a draftsman and mechanical engineering technician; or any equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5 – 8 years of MechCAD experience with SolidWorks and ePDM, experience in other systems, such as Co-Create or ME-10 a plus
- Considerable knowledge of the basic principles, methods, and practices involved in the design of mechanical systems for electronic products.
- Considerable knowledge of equipment and material required for the efficient operation of mechanical system.
- Considerable knowledge of the terminology, methods, practices, and techniques of mechanical drafting.
- Ability to prepare designs and specifications for material and equipment needs of mechanical systems.
- Ability to prepare complex drawings from rough sketches, survey data, and oral instructions.
- Ability to understand and efficiently carry out complex written and oral instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with company personnel.
- Skill in the design and preparation of drawings and specifications
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application