Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Vicor is currently expanding to vertically integrate core printed circuit board operations. As such, we are seeking a candidate to lead this Production Operation.
This role will require that the candidate spend the first 18 months at a strategic partner in Charlestown, NH training on the process that will ultimately be implemented in the Andover operations. The candidate will then assist in overseeing the implementation of the equipment and processes within the Andover facility
- Will work hands on with the production team running, maintaining and triaging production equipment
- Oversee and provide production direction/priorities to a team of 2-4 manufacturing employees
- Work w/ planning and logistics to align priorities in the fabrication process
- Work with onsite production control to align process steps and timing for engineering and critical builds
- Communicate with engineering any quality issues or delays in the manufacturing of eKits
- - Help resolve part number and data package discrepancies
- - Provide daily updates to Engineering on kit status/location
- On a daily basis, track and move critical production/engineering builds
- Resolve or communicate any process flow discrepancies with the onsite production / engineering team
- Communicate any product quality problems to the engineering team to obtain their support
- Communicate and address any equipment down time/malfunctions with the onsite team. Make onsite decisions relative to running production
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management or Operations preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ production experience
- Strong team-based attitude with experience in implementing or enhancing teams as well as experience in working with cross-functional teams
- Strong communication and team management skills
- Strong hands on manufacturing skills
- Demonstrated experience utilizing world class manufacturing techniques such as SPC, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, etc.
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application