Vicor is the leader in high-performance power modules, enabling customer innovation with easy-to-deploy modular power system solutions for power delivery networks that provide the highest density and efficiency from source to point-of-load. We continuously advance the density, efficiency and power delivery capabilities of our power modules by staying on the forefront of distribution architectures, conversion topologies and packaging technology. Vicor serves customers in enterprise and high-performance computing, industrial equipment and automation, robotics, UAVs, vehicles and transportation, satellites, and aerospace and defense.
During this exciting period of growth we are expanding several of our teams including quality and reliability engineering. As a Reliability Engineer at Vicor you will be involved with all levels of the product cycle starting with Design For Reliability Phase reviews, hands on Qualifications and testing, factory process and Reliability growth analysis, and Field performance data reviews. Come join our team!
- Develops and implements qualification plans and methods to meet customer requirements for long life failure rates.
- Schedules, coordinates and executes said qualification plans and methods in accordance with agreed time frames.
- Monitor new product reliability growth/demonstration activities against targets, to ensure sufficient progress toward those targets is being achieved.
- Develops and implements ongoing reliability monitoring methods to meet customer requirements for long life failure rates. Provide trend analysis on critical to reliability parameters.
- Identify opportunities for reliability improvement in current products, and work within the product commercialization process to realize these improvements in successive generations of designs.
- Works with Design on development projects to ensure product reliability is a key consideration in development.
- Working in a team environment, resolve reliability problems that result in excessive in-house or customer failure rates
- Provide guidance to internal groups and interface with customers regarding reliability questions or concerns.
- Monitors reliability metrics and goals to drive quality improvement efforts.
- Distributes reports that track product and/or process reliability performance to internal groups and to customers
- Make recommendations for test, burn-in screening and life test capital equipment acquisition
- Provides acceleration tests results based on physics and best fit reliability models.
- Analyze field performance MTTF, FIT , Survival 2,5,10 yr data based on Weibull and Weibayse models
Critical skills, knowledge and abilities :
- Strong knowledge of MILHDK217 and Telcordia Reliability Prediction Calculations
- Strong knowledge in many aspects of the physics of failure of PCBs, and/or electronic components
- Strong knowledge of electronic circuits, components, PCBs and manufacturing processes
- Strong knowledge of state-of-the-art reliability assessment methods and techniques
- Ability to accomplish tasks through influencing others.
- Experience with FMEA, Design of Experiments
- Detailed knowledge of statistical quality control parameters and characterization of yield changes in anticipated product lifetime and quality reliability outcomes
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of internal and external customers and/or suppliers
- Ability to use some or all of the following PC applications: MS Office, MS Project, MS Vision, MiniTab, JMP, in generating reports, capturing data, and presenting data and information in an understandable format
- Knowledge and understanding of business processes and how decisions impact customer satisfaction, product quality, and on-time delivery.
- 5 years’ related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, e.g. BSEE, Physics, or Materials Science. MS preferred
- Familiarity with power conversion theory including AC/DC and DC/DC preferred.
- Certified as a CRE preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application