Associate Field Applications Engineer
Associate Field Applications Engineer
The Associate Field Application Engineer will be involved in all aspects of customer support, working directly with customers through interactions on the Apps hotline and through email exchanges. This position will also encompass cooperative lab related work and learning exercises under the guidance of the Applications Engineering team. This interaction and instruction will serve as a learning path for the use of products, demonstration boards, reference designs, and the development of application notes and tools, as it pertains to direct customer support. This is a great opportunity for an action oriented, self-starter to learn about Vicor’s innovations, and positions the candidate for growth.
- Working independently and with other members of the Inside Sales team on the various projects involving product recommendations, and customer lead and opportunity qualification.
- Working independently and with other members of the Field Applications Engineering team on the various projects involving Vicor power components.
- Daily support of the Apps hotline and incoming email to assist customers on products and product use questions and issues.
- Outbound Customer Contact supporting business development and lead generating activities
- Assisting in product training and technical seminars for Vicor customers, Reps and Distributors
- Assisting in the designing, simulating, prototyping, testing, and optimizing external custom circuitry used in conjunction with Vicor products.
- Conducting bench testing of products at a component and system level.
- Evaluating products in support of customer design activity.
- Assisting in the development of reference designs and application notes.
- Working as part of a team in defining new products in support of new applications.
- Supporting Application Engineering’s participation in New Product Introduction (NPI) efforts.
- Troubleshooting and optimizing customer systems which use Vicor Power Components.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or analog electronics or power equivalent, MSEE a plus.
- An understanding of electrical/electronic design and an analytical approach to engineering required.
- Some experience in Power Electronics design or Applications engineering strongly preferred.
- Troubleshooting skills with basic power systems a plus.
- Comfortable with lab equipment used in the characterization and design of power supplies and systems (oscilloscopes, DMMs, Network Analyzers, EMI analyzers, loads, sources, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting at a technical level in front of customers.
- Some understanding of feedback and control systems, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), digital (e.g. PIC microcontroller) design, and simulation tools would be a plus
- Some familiarity with CAD and office tools (Altium, Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.) a plus, if not, a willingness to learn and adopt the use of software tools in support of job function.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application