The Controls Engineer serves as a SME (subject matter expert) providing support to Manufacturing, Technical Support, Manufacturing Engineering and other departments for the design and operation of control process automation systems.
- Design and develop Windows software applications based on given requirements and specifications
- Familiar with structured Programming such as C#, VB6
- Familiar with Windows based I/O and Motion control.
- Maintain routine backup schedules for equipment software
- Familiar with ladder logic PLC programming.
- Develop and maintain, cost-effective PLC controls
- Work closely with Technical Support to identify root cause of network communication issues between equipment and Vicor’s LAN system.
- Work with Technical Support to install, program, troubleshoot or repair IP based code scanners on Vicor’s LAN system.
- Ability to debug electrical control systems to the component level.
- Ability to trouble shoot PLC control systems.
- Provide Technical Support floor support for pneumatics, servos, VFD’s, relays, communication networks, touchscreens, and automation systems integration
- Provide Technical Support floor support for Software, PLC logic, and program troubleshooting
- Design, develop, test, and support controls systems which including conceptualization of control systems, development of schematics, development machine to network communication configurations, component specification, costing, panel building and wiring.
- Provides electrical designs and programming within applicable standards to build new or modify existing production machines and systems.
- Develop electrical schematics detailing control system configuration and wiring, and design equipment panel layouts on CAD software.
- Create accurate BOMs (Bill of Materials)
- Write user manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and electrical drawings to communicate to Line Techs and Engineers
- Abides and practices corporate, NFPA and OSHA standards for electrical systems standardization
- Support capital engineering projects for new equipment, including scanner to network configurations, auto recipe software and hardware integration, coordination with vendors for power and network construction, and new equipment startups
- Maintain knowledge of advanced developments in sensors, scanners, measurement systems, and vision systems.
- Research supplier products for assembly components
- B.S. Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 3-5 years of related controls experience
- Experience with CAD and office tools (2D CAD, Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.)
- Familiar with visions systems such as Cognex and Keyence
- Familiar with various Motion Controllers and Actuators
- Project management experience with the ability to adhere to scope, quality, schedule, and budget requirements of assigned tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application