Sr. Design Engineer (4791)
- Support design and development activities on VPS power supply products. Design activities include, but not limited to:
- Build circuits on breadboards to test new electrical circuitries.
- Perform electrical evaluation of products.
- Collect and prepare data from a wide variety of experiments, electrical testing, and analytical evaluations.
- Perform failure analysis using a variety of analytical techniques.
- Process prototype kits for verification testing and design approval for the qualification of products.
- Use technical skills in engineering analysis, coupled with technical skills in high frequency switch mode power supplies and topologies for power supply circuits / systems.
- Must demonstrate ability to evaluate electrical components and circuitry for use in complex power components.
- Support sustaining engineering activities for the existing product lines.
- Support existing product designs and customer interface with Sales and Applications Engineering.
- Design elements include electrical design, component selection, simulation/test, PCB layout and assembly and product specification.
- Develop product planning schedules, write test and qualifications plans and originate objective specifications.
- Work closely with internal organizations to ensure smooth introduction and manufacture of highly reliable product.
- Provide full product documentation, which includes bill of materials, test specifications and assembly and PC board drawings.
- BSEE, MSEE preferred with 7+ years of experience in switch mode power supply design
- Extensive knowledge of high frequency switching power supply topologies, and control architectures
- Specific power conversion design skills include: high frequency magnetic design, power conversion circuit design and analysis, circuit simulation, layout considerations, feedback control theory, and EMC compliance.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent team and individual contributor leadership skills
- Outstanding organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with simulation tools (SIMetrix/SIMPLIS, Pspice, OrCAD, Mathcad, MATLAB, Excel, etc.).
- Experience and working knowledge of firmware is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application