Sr. Field Application Engineer
Sr. Field Application Engineer
The main responsibility of the Sr. FAE position is to proactively support Vicor power solutions into various market opportunities. This involves strategic coordination with their assigned Territory Sales Manager and Customer Service Representative, providing pre- and post-Sales support including product selection based on the customer's application needs, product installation assistance from an electrical, mechanical and thermal aspect, and troubleshooting customer systems.
- Articulate technology, power architectures, and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Business/Relationship development
- Direct – business development done directly with customers
- Distribution – business development done in conjunction with channel partners.
- Capture technical requirements and architecture of a customer’s system and act as the liaison to Product Line Engineers
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Schematic review
- Coverage of incoming customer phone and e-mail inquiries
- Regular customer visits requiring 30-50% travel
- Conducting technical seminars
- Providing product training for the manufacturer's rep organization
- Assist with hands-on product evaluations
- Application note generation under the direction of the FAE manager
The candidate must have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, a minimum of 5 - 7 years related experience in either analog/power supply design or analog based applications engineering, capable Electronics Technician skills, excellent understanding of analog design, and excellent written/verbal communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application