Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Our company is a small electronics company located in Cedar Park, TX. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of a large publicly traded corporation. As such, we offer a competitive salary and an exciting and supportive work environment, along with great benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, vacation, holidays and a 401(k) plan.
We specialize in the design, development and manufacture of rapid response custom power systems for the Telecommunications, Industrial, and Military COTS markets. We use standard component power products in a modular building-block design approach that offers low cost, quick turnaround, and reliable performance.
- Oversee daily operations
- Implement the growth strategy developed by the President and Vicor Corporate Directors
- Manage the P&L against targets
- Develop, along with the following direct reports, key performance goals for departments
- Operations Manager, responsible for accounting, purchasing, production, and customer service (i.e. existing production quotes, order entry, order status, and RMAs).
- Quality Assurance Manager, responsible for product quality, supplier quality, and ensuring customer quality requirements flowed down to organization and suppliers.
- Note that the sales function is carried out by Vicor and managed through corporate
- Ensure the development of systems to pursue targeted goals and objectives
- Manage the engineering team to make sure new project schedules are met (especially each milestone). Take appropriate action if scope creep ensues (i.e. reschedule/re-quote program). Set targets and implement plans for driving engineering development times down.
- Manage the production/logistics team to ensure all work orders schedules are met
- Use Microsoft Project (or other tool) to ensure resource (manpower, equipment, material) loading is appropriate
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent
- Communicate strategy and results to employees
Skills & Competencies:
Project Management skills: Experience with Microsoft Project (or similar tool) is preferred to develop schedules and eliminate resource conflict through resource leveling.
Strategic and Financial planning skills: Looking at the future of the business and making key investments (with corporate approval) and investment recommendations. Being able to recognize changing market conditions and adjust schedules accordingly to meet goals (i.e. pull in shipments whenever the need arises to either offset delays or per corporate requests)
Interpersonal skills: Must be able to support the development of a healthy internal culture that motivates key employees and holds them accountable to mutually agreed upon schedules and goals. Must possess the ability to manage customer visits and audits. Need to be comfortable and effective working with corporate management.
Leadership skills: Be a generalist who is familiar with all areas of the business and can coordinate processes and operations across the organization.
Contract Manufacturing: Experience in selecting and working with contract manufacturing organizations as a means to increase manufacturing capacity and capability
Educational/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’ degree required; MBA preferred, plus 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing leadership roles
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application