Electrical Line Technician - 3rd Shift
Electrical Line Technician - 3rd Shift
- Perform scheduled maintenance and unscheduled repairs on production test and ATE equipment.
- Provide constant technical support to production operator.
- Train and evaluate operators on process and equipment understanding.
- Responsible for generating metrics on equipment uptime, utilization and the overall performance of the work center as it relates to OEE.
- Will work to improve, debug and optimize machine programs, optimize the setups & change over and ensure full utilizing machine capacity.
- Troubleshoot analog and digital circuitry to component level
- Disassemble and reassemble complex mechanical assemblies
- Help development and improve the equipment maintenance documentation.
- Provide support to the engineering manufacturing group and may be asked to conduct tests and studies to support department efforts to qualify new equipment/processes and verify functionality of existing equipment/processes.
- Provide maintenance and support for production computers to include:
- Doing backups and ghosting of hard drives.
- Rebuilding or replacing hardware of failed computers.
- Replacement of failed hard drives.
- Recovering or restoring software.
- Associates degree in engineering, Certificate or equivalent required.
- At least 5+ years of experience in the electronics industry, Experience with electromechanical equipment
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience directly supporting equipment such as ATE equipment, various test instrument, and computers.
- Soldering – ability to remove and replace through-hole and surface mount components cleanly
- Able to read, understand and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Basic skill with common MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to use basic hand tools – screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, saws, etc.
- Familiar with basic electronic instruments – DMMs, oscilloscopes, frequency counters, etc.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical ability
- Able to stand / walk for long periods
- Ability to interact with others in a courteous, professional manner
- Experience maintaining equipment.
- Ability to train and mentor manufacturing personnel.
- Experience developing work instructions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application