- Monitor line performance and take corrective action to eliminate process problems and improve yields.
- Hands on responsibility for equipment including programming and the SPC needed to ensure the highest yields, throughput, and lowest cost.
- Implement and manage real time SPC and utilize Six Sigma tools such as PFMEAs to implement meaningful process controls
- Monitor line yield, scrap and equipment utilization on a daily basis
- Work with Design, Test, and Quality Engineering to implement yield and quality enhancements
- Work with hourly production and maintenance personnel to improve line performance
- Review all new product designs for compatibility with process capability
- Identify and lead cost reduction and quality improvement initiatives
- Initiate and approve manufacturing documentation and ECO’s
- Investigate problems, determine root cause, and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Work with suppliers, equipment, tooling and raw materials
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant professional engineering experience
- Good hands on engineering skills and ability to work on production equipment
- Demonstrated capability in applying SPC, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, etc.
- Solid skills in problem solving, statistics, manufacturing quality, and quality principles
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve moderately complex technical problems
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Experience with Soldering or SMT assembly processes and equipment
- Experience with Solidworks is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application