Senior Industrial Engineer
Senior Industrial Engineer
We are looking for an Industrial Engineer to join our team and help us monitor our current operations to ensure our organization is operating at high efficiency.
Industrial Engineers responsibilities will include ensuring products meet established quality standards and reducing inefficiency. They will analyze operations, design workflows, and production processes to reduce loss along the way while still meeting customer needs.
Ultimately, you will work with organizational leaders and other Engineers to maximize productivity and reduce wastefulness in the production process.
- Oversee and own factory capacity model working closely and taking input from Manufacturing Engineering on individual cell capacity.
- Design control systems to minimize costs and production issues
- Develop design and production standards in cooperation with management and user personnel
- Support corporate initiative of forward-looking cost prediction working with Manufacturing Engineering process owners to create and maintain forward-looking cost tools encompassing activity based accounting.
- Working to coordinate and ensure proper maintenance of the developed costing system.
- Prepare material and equipment lists, purchase orders, cost analyses and estimated production costs
- Key member of layout team working closely Technical Operations on facility layout, and determines personnel requirements.
- Train staff for new processes and provide instructions and manuals
- Evaluate current manufacturing practices and identify those needing improvement.
- Manage production schedules and coordinate services to maximize productivity.
- Improve the efficiency of each production process.
- Evaluate employees’ tasks and responsibilities, identifying procedures or tools to improve productivity.
- Monitor and track equipment uptime and operational efficiency
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years of work experience as an Industrial Engineer or in a similar role
- BS Degree in Industrial Engineering
- Advanced knowledge of production machinery, processes and standards
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbally and in writing.
- Troubleshooting expertise and attention to details
- SAP experience with activity based accounting is a plus but not a requirement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application