Senior Software Engineer
- Develops high quality application software for a variety of project assignments.
- Responsible for entire software life cycle, including requirements, design, integration, development, testing, deployment, and support.
- Works towards understanding key business processes and the applications that support them.
- Analyzes and resolves system processing problems related to information system applications.
- Works independently in a project team environment with other end users and managers.
- Trains users on usage of new and revised applications programs.
- Works closely in a team environment with personnel throughout the IS&T organization as well as other departments.
- Leverages peers and management to resolve roadblocks and completes tasks within deadlines.
- Prioritizes workload and switches to higher priority tasks when needed. Proactively seeks challenging tasks in an effort to broaden functional and technical skills.
- Participates in customer interactions through design reviews and involvement in integration activities.
- Identifies potential opportunities for new projects or solutions to enhance business processes or systems.
- Sets goals and meets them in a timely manner, stays focused on the task/assignment at hand, and drives them to completion.
- Reacts on minimal information regardless of the size or scope of projects and navigates in a parallel processing environment.
- Creates and champions new solutions for business processes or technical problems.
- Uses sound logic to analyze, identify and address root causes of complex technical and business problems.
- Possesses general knowledge of open source and COTS software applications in areas of relevance to Vicor’s business.
- Identifies and follows guidelines set forth by IS&T and integrates them in software solutions.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Applied Science
- 5-10 years experience designing and implementing technical software solutions in a fast paced environment.
- Capable of designing and implementing complex system designs in a highly distributed and complex environment.
- Strong programming experience in Java, ASP (optional), SQL and database design.
- Experience with state of the start CICD software development including centralized logging such as datadog or splunk and versioned source control systems (i.e. git, svn or equivalent).
- Proven testing experience: junit or equivalent, regression, load/stress and End-to-End testing automation experience.
- Team player, capable of working effectively independently or in a team.
- Able to learn and recommend new technologies as required to complete technical solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of personnel in discussions and explanations of complex systems.
- Excellent written & verbal communications
- Ability to present design concepts and system functions in an understandable, logical and concise manner- Highly Desired
- Experience interfacing with ERP Systems, dashboard development, and data warehousing techniques a strong plus (SAS, Peoplesoft or equivalent)- Highly Desired
- Experience developing reusable software and software tools- Highly Desired
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application