Sr. SMT Manufacturing Engineer
Sr. SMT Manufacturing Engineer
- Monitor line performance and take corrective action to eliminate process problems.
- Hands on responsibility for all SMT processing equipment including equipment programming, stencils and aperture design, reflow profiles, pick and place optimization, solder paste selection, and the SPC needed to ensure the highest yields, throughput, and lowest cost.
- Implement and manage real time SPC and Six Sigma for SMT line
- Monitor line yield and scrap on a daily basis
- Will work with Design, Production, Test, and Quality Engineering to implement yield and quality enhancements
- Work with hourly production and maintenance personnel to improve line performance
- Will provide support to review new product designs for compatibility with process capability
- Identify and lead cost reduction and quality improvement opportunities
- Initiate and approve manufacturing documentation and ECO’s
- Investigate problems, determine root cause, and implementing corrective and preventative actions
- Work with suppliers, equipment, tooling and raw materials
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ relevant professional engineering experience
- Solid understanding of soldering and SMT preferably in a lead free, high volume, high mix, high yield environment.
- Solid technical understanding of Pick & Place equipment-familiarity with ASM and UIC a plus.
- Solid understanding of automated paste inspection/component equipment utilized in the SMT process.
- Good hands on engineering skills
- Demonstrated capability in SPC, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, etc.
- Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
- Solid skills in problem solving, statistics, manufacturing quality, and quality principles.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems.
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced production environment.
- Experience working to develop and scale-up new products within the automotive, medical or defense sectors.
- Experience with the following certifications: IPC-610, ISO 9000, AS9100, ISO 13485 and IATF 16949 is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application