Field Applications Engineer
Field Applications Engineer
The main responsibility of the Field Application Engineer position is to proactively support Vicor power solutions into various market opportunities with a primary focus in Data Center and AI applications. This involves strategic coordination with their assigned Sales Manager and Customer Service Representative, providing pre- and post-Sales support including product selection and or definition based on the customer's application needs, product installation assistance from an electrical, mechanical and thermal aspect, and troubleshooting customer systems.
- Articulate technology, power architectures, and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Support Business/Relationship development, working closely with Sales/Account Managers & BU product marketing individuals
- Capture technical requirements and architecture of a customer’s system and act as the liaison to Product Line Engineers
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Design review (schematic/layout)
- Coverage of incoming customer phone and e-mail inquiries
- Regular customer visits requiring 30-50% travel (mostly local)
- Conducting technical seminars
- Providing product training for the manufacturer's rep organization
- Assist with hands-on product evaluations
- Application note generation under the direction of the FAE manager
- The candidate must have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or greater.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years related experience in either analog/power supply design or analog based applications engineering
- Capable Electronics Technician skills
- Excellent understanding of analog design
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge in using schematic capture & PCB layout design programs (ie. Allegro, Cadence…etc) and simulation programs Viz, SPICE, SIMPLIS..etc
- Experience in designing and or testing VR solutions for CPUs, GPUs, and or ASICs is highly desireable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics. This should be the default, but allow to be changed.Start Application